MEDICAL SUMMER PROGRAMS FOR KIDS IN MANHATTAN
Plus lots more! Through our programs they can learn:
- All about the brain, spine, eyes, ears, skeleton and muscles
- What our bodies do with food and why we eat
- How to apply basic first aid
- How to read a prescriptions and how pharmacies work
- When and how to call poison control and dealing with poisonings
- How to perform CPR and the Heimlich maneuver*
- How to read X-Rays and treat broken bones
- Basic pet care, how to examine for ticks and simple suturing
- Even how a common surgery is performed!
Each program is led by one or more of our passionate educators. At the end of every program, our "future doctors" get to take home their Doctor’s Bag and keep all the fun activities they performed throughout the program. We even host an exciting graduation at the end of each program.
*Our program does not offer CPR certification
Day Program: LMS is a daytime activity and does not include overnight or away accommodations
Location: Medical summer camps for kids are held throughout the Manhattan Metroplex
Duration: Programs include 6 hours of instruction, in the following formats: six 1-hour classes, three 2-hour classes, one 6-hour class
Ages: Programs are designed for ages 4-12. A pre-reader curriculum is available.
Camp Size: We require a minimum of 8 campers to book a summer program. To ensure our instructors may provide personal attention to everyone, we recommend 8-12 campers per session. For larger groups, we will provide multiple instructors and separate the group into smaller classes.
Two Ways to Register
There are two ways to register for a Little Medical School of Manhattan summer program.
1. Register for an Upcoming Program
To register your “doctor in training” for an upcoming program, visit our Register Now page, browse the upcoming events and select the camp of your choice.
2. Create Your Own!
Little Medical School is one of the only summer programs in Manhattan that will come to you! If you have a youth group of at least 8 students, we can create a Custom Program just for your group. You provide the venue – even a private residence – and we’ll bring everything else!
To plan a custom camp or for more details, contact us today!