Join Little Medical School!
Are you passionate about health and science? Do you love working with children and presenting concepts in a fun and creative way?
We have volunteer and paid positions available!
We are looking for motivated individuals to lead a series of one hour classes featuring interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, which will teach kids how the body and organs work, know the instruments that real doctors use, apply first aid procedures, tie knots like real surgeons and much more!
Whether you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to enhance your resume, receive credit hours for your educational programs, or if you are looking for a fun way to increase your current income – Little Medical School is the place for you!
We offer ideal job and volunteer opportunities for pre-med school and nursing students. A medical background is not necessary. Previous experience working with children is preferred. All instructors and volunteers must undergo background checks and fingerprinting at the request of the schools/districts we serve.
Get paid to lead interactive health and medical related classes for Pre-K to Middle School students.
- Comfortable presenting in front of a crowd
- Good with children
- Inspired to make a difference
- Be a role-model for the LMS company
- Be responsible with company property
- Must be prompt and on-time
- Follow all school/organization protocols
- Embrace learning the Little Medical School material and teach as designed
An instructor is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom while supporting Little Medical School® goals and outcomes. Working with the afterschool coordinator, the instructor carries out daily activities, provides feedback on the program and activities, and ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children.
- Creating a welcoming and youth friendly classroom space
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment
- In charge of setup/cleanup of classroom and supplies
- Providing positive interaction with students with an emphasis on health and science
- Picking up and returning supplies to the LMS director
- Must have reliable transportation
All training is provided, and scheduling is flexible. You only teach the classes that fit your schedule.
- Instructor training is mandatory
- You will trained to teach a structured easily implemented curriculum
- Role-play and demonstration practice is necessary
- Background checks and Fingerprinting are required
- CPR certification may be requested
–Hours worked will vary depending on the number of classes/parties/camps taught
–Hourly pay as an independent contractor (1099)
–Incentives are available based on longevity and performance
–Job site will vary depending on the school or location where classes are being held within the DFW area
Does Little Medical School of North Texas sound like the place for you? If so, fill out and submit the following application. We will be in contact with you shortly!
Earn credit for your classes or community service by volunteering as a Junior Instructor.
- Able to volunteer as a Junior Instructor
- Possible credit for your Health Technology and Career Courses
- Can qualify as Community Service
- Inspire young children as a positive role model
- Ability to earn full Instructor status
- Move throughout classroom to monitor student progress during activities
- May focus on either tasks being completed or areas in which the student needs extra attention
- Add value by offering a different voice from which students can learn
Do you believe you would be a good fit for Little Medical School of North Texas? If so, fill out and submit the following application. We will be in contact with you shortly!