DELIVERY, CHARGES & RETURNS
Before you place your order please read below terms shipping options & rates.
Please note, as demand for products ordered online has increased due to COVID-19, shipping times might take longer than usually. Currently, it will take 5-10 business days for your order to arrive, depending on the location. We currently ship orders via Canada Post.
Where do we Ship To?
We ship to all locations in Canada except P.O.Boxes.
What are your shipping options and shipping rates?
Our website has a Canada Post Extension that obtains rates dynamically from the Canada Post API during cart/checkout.
When you place items in your shopping cart and place the order, it calculates the shipping based on the weight and dimension of the items, the shipping method you selected and the destination of your items. At checkout, you will be prompted to choose a shipping method. However, some items can only be shipped using the standard shipping option.
Your total shipping will be calculated automatically during checkout prior to the completion of your order. You will be provided with your order’s actual total shipping cost during checkout. Shipping is free for all orders greater than 75$.
Shipping policies and delivery windows are subject to change. In the case where national carriers are unavailable we may use other local third party carriers to service customers.
Each shipping method has its own restrictions and charges that will be applied to your order and are based upon a simple calculation of order processing time and actual shipping time in business days. Please note that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays in Canada.
Are there any rules and restrictions I should know about?
Please be aware of the following:
- Orders are shipped on business days only. Business days are Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding Holidays in Canada.
- Orders cannot be shipped to a Post Office Box.
What carriers are used in shipping orders?
At www.littlemedicalschool.com/ottawa, we use Canada Post Courier. All carriers deliver Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Does “Free Shipping” promo apply to all items?
Certain items we offer do carry associated shipping charges either per item or per order amount. Shipping charges will apply if your order is less than $75, contains heavy or oversized items. In these cases, free shipping is not available and extra shipping charges may apply.
Do you ship to international locations?
We currently ship within Canada Only.
What happens if a package is returned to you because it is undeliverable?
If we have a package returned to us because it was undeliverable, a full refund for the price of the product plus taxes. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
Why would a package be returned to you as undeliverable?
We can receive packages as undeliverable for the following reasons:
- Missing house number or unit number
- Missing street name, City or province
- Incorrect Postal Code
- Failed delivery attempts or the item was not picked up from the local depot within 5 business days.
- Refused by the recipient.
Tracking your order
How can I find the status of my order?
To find the status of your order:
- You will receive a notification email from Canada Post once your order is shipped including the tracking number.
- If you already have an account, sign in and click on the order to view additional information about the order.
- A shipping carrier may not have the ability to provide a tracking number for up to 48 business hours.
If you need to contact our shipping carriers, please find their contact information listed below:
Canada Post: www.canadapost.ca, 1-800-267-1177
Occasionally, orders are delivered via a carrier that does not offer the ability to track a package. In these instances, the website and the email will not offer tracking information, but will still offer order status and other details. Please read the information below to learn the difference between tracking information and order status.
When can I track my order?
It may take up to 48 hours or longer before the package is checked into the carrier’s tracking system? Please note that this means even though your package has left our warehouse, the carrier may not be able to provide any information about your package for up to 48 hours or more.
Tracking availability may vary depending on the type of item you purchased, the shipping method you selected during Checkout, and the carrier that is delivering your item(s).
My order is late, what can I do about it?
If you are having any problems with your order, please sign in and check the order status. If the item is showing as processing, this means that it is ready to be shipped or it left our warehouse. If the item is showing as completed this means that your order have been delivered (please follow step A and B below)
If you already have the tracking number (sent by email), this means that your order is already checked into the carrier’s tracking system. You can track your package with the carrier using the tracking number provided in the shipped email.
Orders that are shipped via a trackable method (Canada Post) will have tracking information available. Canada Post also will send you an email when your order is delivered.
Please check this information if available and read through the following options:
- If the tracking information indicates the package has been delivered, please check with your neighbors or family members. Packages are occasionally left with neighbors, a building manager, or are placed somewhere relatively safe such as your porch, garage, or even behind bushes.
- If the tracking information indicates the package is being returned to us, or if the address is incorrect, it may have been undeliverable.
You can contact us at any time and we will be happy to assist you.
Email about your order
After you place your order, you will receive e-mails about your order status. Below are some examples of e-mails you might receive:
- Payment confirmation: This e-mail confirms that we have received your payment from our third party payment processing website. We recommend that you keep this e-mail for your records.
- Order Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that we have received your order, and includes your order number and receipt. We recommend that you keep this e-mail for your records.
- Shipment Confirmation: This e-mail confirms that your order, or part of your order, has been shipped. If there were any remaining items in your order that were not shipped you will receive an e-mail confirming the shipment of each item. The arrival time of your order depends on the shipping method selected, the item itself, and the destination address specified for the item. The tracking number will be included in this email. This email will be sent by Canada Post (when applicable) within 48 hours of your order.
- Important Notice About Your Order: There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, inability to ship your item(s) to the address provided, or cancellation of order.
Delivery of your items
The delivery date of your order depends on when the order leaves our warehouse, where the destination address for the item is, and the shipping method.
Please keep in mind that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays within Canada.
When your order is delivered, you should immediately inspect the carton for any potential damage that may have occurred during shipment. Carefully inspect the packaging, as well as the contents of the package.
Changing or cancelling your order
After you have clicked “Submit”, you may not be able to cancel part of your order or your entire order. You can contact us for assistance however we have a very limited amount of time in which to cancel your order, as our system is designed to fill orders and get them on their way as quickly as possible.?We will attempt to contact the warehouse however the cancelation will not be guaranteed.
Your credit card will not be charged if your order is canceled however if you used a Gift Card to pay for your order, you may not receive credit back for a time period of up to 3 to 5 business days.
Cancellations Due to Order Processing Difficulties
Occasionally an order or part of an order may be cancelled for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- The item(s) are not available.
- Your payment information could not be verified.
- The shipping address could not be verified.
If your order is cancelled, you will receive a notice regarding your order via e-mail. You will not be billed for any cancelled items.
Returns and Exchanges Policy
Returns or Exchanges will be given within 30 days of the purchase date with the original receipt, except as stated below.
For a Return or Exchange, all products must be unused, in original packaging, in resalable condition and with the original receipt.
We do not accept Returns or Exchanges without the original receipt.
No returns or exchanges on Little Medical School Ottawa gift cards.
Returns shall be sent by courrier as follow:
- Return by Mail via Canada Post (At your charge!):
- Include a copy of your receipt received in your confirmation email along with your product.
- Pack product in its original packaging. Ensure the package is tightly sealed on all sides to ensure contents do not become dislodged during shipping.
- Bring your package to a Canada Post Office that is close to you.
- Send your package to this address: 120 Topham Terrace, Orleans, ON, K4A5B7
I received this item as a gift and the person who gave me the gift did not provide me with a receipt. Can I still return the item?
Yes, you can make a return. We do ask you to contact the person who gave you the gift and ask for the order number or the email confirmation.
If you return an item received as a gift, the refund will be credited to the credit card/gift card that was used to originally purchase the item.
Returning a Damaged/Defective Item
To return a damaged or defective item, please contact us. We will arrange for a return label to be sent to you or provide you with details on how to receive the label allowing you to return the product at no cost to you.
- Please pack the product in its original packaging
- Print out the return label and attach it to the outside of the box.
- Include a copy of your receipt along with your product.
Once we receive the item, you will be refunded the price of the item as well as any applicable taxes and shipping costs. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item, starting with the refund on your credit card and then the Gift Card. Please note that in order to receive a refund for the shipping cost of the item, you must contact us before returning the item.
All returns will be subject to the terms and conditions of our Returns & Exchanges Policy
If you return the item to our Warehouse and you are entitled to a refund, your refund will be processed approximately 7 to 10 business days from the date of receipt of your returned item at our Warehouse. The refund will be credited to the credit card or gift card that was used to originally purchase the item.
You will receive an email advising you that your refund has been processed and what amount has been credited back to your credit card or gift card. You may be able to track the status of your return via the carrier that you selected using the tracking number provided by the carrier when returning the item.
What is refunded when I return an item?
When you return an item, you will be refunded the price of the item and any applicable taxes. Original shipping charges will not be refunded except under limited circumstances, as outlined below.
- Error by Little Medical School.
My refund is not showing on my credit card or gift card and I have already returned my package?
Please contact us to confirm that your package has been received at our Warehouse. You will need to provide the return tracking number and name of the carrier used when returning the item, in order for our Team to investigate.
Investigations into delayed or lost shipments with carriers may take up to 15 business days to complete.
Little Medical School Recalled Product Return Policy
The issue of product safety goes well beyond business and directly to the well-being of the families we serve. We are wholly committed to the safety of our customers. If you have purchased a product that has been recalled, we will contact you directly and inform you about the next step.