- Understanding the tools that doctors use
- The human body and organ systems
- Nutrition and the science of digestion
- Applying basic first aid and treating common sports injuries
- The importance of immunizations and how they work to keep us healthy
- Performing CPR and the Heimlich maneuver*
- Caring for pets and what to do in case of animal injuries
- Much, much more!
All of our after-school programs are taught by exemplary instructors who have passed our rigorous background check process and who have experience with and a natural love of teaching children. We will capture kids’ imaginations with our interactive activities. They’ll role play, work with models, develop skills, draw, think creatively … and most importantly, they’ll learn!
*Our program does not offer CPR certification
Location: Programs are held at schools throughout the Maryland area
Duration: Programs include 6 hours of instruction, in the following formats: six 1-hour classes, three 2-hour classes, one 6-hour class
Grades: Programs are designed for grades K-7. A pre-reader curriculum is available.
Class Size: We require a minimum of 8 students per program. To ensure our instructors may provide personal attention to everyone, we recommend 8-12 students per session. For larger groups, we will provide multiple instructors and separate the group into smaller classes.
Ready to ignite your child’s passion for medicine and healthcare? Register for one of our upcoming programs
Interested in bringing Little Medical School to your learning institution? Contact us today and let’s talk about what exciting educational programming we can offer your students.